Source of image: Israel Museum, Jerusalem
Embroidery: Naama al Awawdah [Es Samu], Khalil District, Palestine
The Chalcolithic ram was found in 1895 by farmers ploughing land near the village of Yazur, 6 kilometres east of Jaffa. It is carved from a flat, squarish piece of limestone. It was most probably an important object in the religious life of the community.
Era: Stone-Copper Age (4,000—3,000 BCE)